Christmas is all about giving and receiving, along with relaxing with loved ones, eating a little too much and then trying to dance it off. No matter how you plan on celebrating this December, the festive season is about more than just dinner and dessert. Cheers to these delicious festive drinks; ones all to be sure to get your guests in the spirit of the festive season!
Before we get to making some cocktails, let’s talk about how you can jazz up the presentation of your christmas cocktails (click on each picture for a cool tip):
Add Xmas shaped chocolates. Top your cocktail with whipped cream and get those santa-shaped chocolates right on top. Hey – the same even goes for some soft gingerbread men hanging off the side of the glass.
Red, Green and silver sprinkles. Add them because you can.
Wet the rim and ground it into crushed peppermint, chocolate or gold dust.
Festive straws. These days, party suppliers are getting pretty nifty with their disposable straw designs. Don’t be afraid to double-down.
Here’s 3 cocktails to save your christmas:
- 1/2 lime
- 8 leaves mint
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ml white rum
- 6 ml coconut milk
- Soda water
- Pomegranate arils and mint leaves for serving
- Step 1 Pound in a tumbler – Lime, mint, sugar
- Step 2 Use a jigger to add rum and coconut milk
- Step 3 Stir well
- Step 4 Add crushed ice up to the brim and top it up with soda water
- Step 5 Garnish with mint leaves and pomegranate kernels
- 4 ml Vodka
- 2 ml Kahlúa
- 1 tablespoons Chocolate powder
- 1 teaspoon of Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of Ginger powder
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- For serving whipped cream, candy canes and gingerbread cookies
- Step 1 In a cocktail shaker combine the vodka, Kahlúa, chocolate powder, maple syrup, and ginger
- Step 2 Shake until well combined.
- Step 3 Add ice and shake again
- Step 4 Strain into 4 glasses.
- Step 5 Top off each glass with heavy cream
- Step 6 Dollop with whipped cream and garnish as desired
White Christmas Mojito
- 8 ml vodka
- 4 ml Kahlua
- Full cream top up
- Nutmeg and cinnamon grated to garnish
- Step 1 Pour vodka and kahlua in the glass filled with ice cubes
- Step 2 Slightly whip the cream by dry shaking it (shaker without ice)
- Step 3 Pour slowly the cream on the glass (it should stay at the surface)
- Step 4 Garnish and serve
Have a merry christmas! Just for you to know, At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy is having an academy break next week.